2015 Victim Impact Panel Schedule
- Pre-registration IS required. Please call (315) 697-3947 to register for the VIP.
- Participants will be breathalyzed by a Madison County Deputy upon arrival.
- Participants must bring a money order for $20, payable to “Madison County Treasurer”.
- Participants will be given proof of attendance at the end of the panel provided they are in attendance for the entire time.
If you cannot come for the time you are registered, please call ahead of time so we can fill your spot
Please call (315) 697-3947 to register for the VIP or email any questions to VIP Administrator Margret Accas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign In Starts at 5:00 p.m.
Panel is 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and is held at:
**BRiDGES, Chase Bldg. 112 Farrier Ave. Suite 314 Oneida, NY
STOP DWI - Contact: Sheriff Allen Riley
Address: Office of the Sheriff
P.O. Box 16
North Court Street, Bldg. #7
Wampsville, NY 13163
BRiDGES new address will be 112 Farrier Avenue, Suite 314, Oneida as of 8/25/14. We will hold DDP and the VIP at our office in Canastota the week of 8/18-8/22 - The DDP class is on 8/19 and the VIP is on 8/20.
* Beginning in 2014, the Madison County STOP DWI Program implemented a fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for each person, either as part of or a condition of a sentence, who is ordered to attend a Victim Impact Panel (VIP) by a Court. The fee commenced with the February 19, 2014 VIP. The fees will be collected at each VIP, and will be paid by the person who is ordered to attend. The fee must be paid by money order (no cash or checks shall be accepted), made payable to the Madison County Treasurer.
Typically panels involve offenders and victim speakers, telling their stories in a non-judgmental, non-blaming manner. While some time is usually dedicated to questions and answers, the purpose of the panel is for the victims or offenders to speak, rather than for the victims and offenders to engage in a dialog.
Margaret Accas is the VIP Administrator for this area. She can be reached through the VIP email, email@example.com or through Bridges @ 697-3947.
Stop DWI New York - "Shattered Lives publication"
New York State STOP-DWI Association, Inc
www.stopdwi.org - The New York State STOP-DWI Association, Inc. is comprised of STOP-DWI Coordinators of each county and NYC. They carry out their statutory mandate to reduce the incidence of deaths and injuries caused by drunk and/or drug-impaired drivers through the development and administration of plans combining strategies for increased enforcement, prosecution, adjudication, probation, rehabilitation, education, and public information. Click on the link to see the web site.
Dave's story is an interactive triumph or tragedy scenario drawn from dozens of lives where you pick the ending.
Have A Plan
The New York State Governors Traffic Safety Committee and the NYS STOP-DWI Foundation are proud to release our brand new Have A Plan mobile app. This app provides you with timely and convenient resource that enables you to locate and call a taxi service, program a designated-driver list, educate yourself on Blood Alcohol Content levels as well as information on DWI laws and penalties or even report a suspected impaired driver.
The app is available for Apple, Droid, and Windows smart phones. To download the app, simply visit www.stopdwi.org/mobileapp using the phone you want to download the app to and click on the link to the store of your operating system.
You can view a short TV commercial about that app here or at http://vimeo.com/99733056
Since the app is brand new, we anticipate a few bugs that will need to be worked out. If you have a problem using the app or a suggestion for an improvement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be compiling a list of comments and updating the app over the next few months.